Letting myself go

“Letting go doesn't mean that you don't care about someone anymore. It's just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” 
 
Deborah Reber, Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul

I don’t know why but I always had problem making friends. Was it because I am too boring, can’t crack jokes or was it something else? I longed for an answer and at the same time envied people who were popular among everyone. I longed to be like them. I wanted to be the live of the party but then at the same time I disliked having too many people around me for no reason. I cursed myself because I didn't think and didn't act like my class mates. I eat clumsily in public and I am okay with it. But I try to eat like every other girl. Why should I have different opinion than what is circulated in the mainstream media? Can’t I just be like everyone else who loves selfies and KFCs? Why should I continue feeling guilty about the things I did long back? Why do I alienate myself from others by giving curt replies? All these used to sit in my shoulders making me feel out of place. Not anymore.
It took just one visit to a waterfall to reduce my imaginary problems into ashes. I feel free. I don’t have to pretend or poke myself every now and then. I will be the way I am. For seven years, I tried to change myself with little success.
I had made up my mind, if people dislike me for how I am let it be. I am tired and exhausted. This freedom had a very positive side effect. I was now more open towards people. I began clicking selfies when eating which I thought I could never do. I started building relationship which seemed useless till that day.   I don’t feel guilty any more. I accepted it is life and that’s how life is. I may not join in some activities but that doesn't mean I am uncomfortable with it. Now, I don’t have the tendency to attach myself with a guy.
A little distance makes everything clearer. Now, I am 3000 kilometres away from home. Letting myself go actually made me free. The song “let it go” now makes so much sense.
I am now more aware of myself. I can handle nicely my positive and negative elements. Not every change is good. Brooding over the negative elements is useless. It is time to live.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Role model in the form of grandma

Visit to a waterfall

BEAUTY