Aren’t we just better dressed slaves?


There is no single definition or viewpoint of any particular topic. It is neither white nor black. Keeping an opinion that may be different than 90% of the people does not equate to being negative. The sooner you realise it, the better. If you don’t agree with what I just said then I hate to say but darling you are manipulated and your vision is blurred by spider webs that have formed across your eyes.

Of course, one cannot be 100% free of manipulation.

So, there is one thing that most employees do not understand. People are shocked or call me negative when I say that we are just better-dressed servants or slaves. Isn't the origin of word service which is servitium mean slavery?



I think the problem is that we like to think ourselves as greater than what we really are. Hence, our thought of greatness alters our vision and distorts the reality.
  
I want to clarify that I understand that being an employee is nothing to be ashamed of but what I fail to understand that we think that we are much better off than the house cleaners who come to clean our houses and cook our meals or the slaves of the bygone days. Earlier the iron chains tied around the slave's ankles were visible. It is just that their work is more physical in nature and our work calls for more cognitive skills. 

We wear Zara, while our domestic help wears sarees from unknown brands, we go to our office in Uber while they walk, take the bus. Nothing is different.

They get their salaries at the end/first of their month, so do we. They have to come at a particular time, we have 9-hour shift. They get Diwali gifts we get dry fruits. They are scolded if they do not clean our house properly, so do we if we fail to miss our targets or exceed the deadline or submit shit. They ask us whether they can take leaves. We cut their salary if they exceed their pre-defined leave days. So are we.
  
Therefore, my opinion that we are just better dressed slaves is just my opinion and has nothing to do with negativity.

Do you feel the same? Let me know in the comments below.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Role model in the form of grandma

Visit to a waterfall

My 24th birthday