My second family


Friendship can strike in the most unexpected scenario. However, things are quite the opposite at Mumbai Toastmasters(MTM). It is a fertile breeding ground for life-long friendship. Making friends in MTM is a cakewalk. MTM has the perfect concoction to build much enriching friendly relations.
It is especially easier to make friends here as most of us share atleast one common interest: the love for public speaking or the fear of it. Moreover, people here welcome you with open arms. From the time I entered as a guest, I was thrilled to see such enterprising souls making my Sunday way better than I would possibly
imagine.
Friendship is organic at MTM. Guest Introduction and Project 1 speech are two brilliant ways to know about someone. It gives other people a topic with the help of which they can start communicating with one other. The Icebreaker project is a real icebreaker.
One key aspect of friendship is time and familiarity. Friendship takes some time to develop. In school, it was easier for us to make friends as we met our classmates day after day. It is the same with Toastmasters. Every Sunday, I see similar faces, and I can easily recognize a lot of people.
I joined Toastmasters six months after shifting to Mumbai. Back then, I had just two people to call as my friend. But now, I can proudly say that I have a lot of friends in Mumbai.
Mumbai Toastmasters has a vibe which is irresistible. Even a super introvert who typically talks less will love to talk fellow Toastmasters. It has the power to make everyone feel at peace where talking does not drain energy but makes someone rejuvenated.
True friendship is meant to uplift you and lessen your sorrows. It is exactly what fellow Toastmasters did to me. There are so many people to look up to, and at the same time, no one will judge you. They will only give positive
feedback.
I will be undermining MTM if I say that people built friendships at this place. It has always been like a family, my second home, my solitude, and shelter to my tired wings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Role model in the form of grandma

Visit to a waterfall

BEAUTY