Everything Starts with a Big Push

Everything starts with a big push. Things that are not easy but are essential for a better tomorrow need that gigantic push. Most of us have this habit of procrastinating. The tomorrow that we keep referring to every day never comes. Our mind is often muddled with unnecessary thoughts and most of the time we are unable to break the shackles. Then the time comes when not taking a step in the right direction can be detrimental to own well-being. When one reaches rock bottom, there is only one route left: to rise up. It is only when you reach the bottom of the pool you can push yourself up. However, in the meantime, you keep trying. The same thing happened with me. One Sunday morning, something inside me kicked me out of the bed. I wanted to survive and at that point, nothing else mattered. The idea of changing two autos and trains were not strong enough to deter me from my goal. It was post demonetization and I just had 300 rupees worth of legal tender. I have been thinking about joining toastmasters for quite some time but the single incident that inspired me to be a part of this toastmasters club was the zeal to survive and lead a happy life. I realised it was an utmost necessity that I do something more than office work. That big push was sufficient enough to make me attend few sessions. But what kept me going are the fellow toastmasters. A train that hasn’t taken off can be stopped by a plank of wood, but a moving train can break concrete walls.  As I am an introverted person, I normally don’t like being among a lot of people. But I absolutely love the crowd of Mumbai Toastmasters. We are never truly an introvert or extrovert. Toastmasters made me comfortable with my ambiversion. Inspiration is not a one-time incident. It is a daily process. It is like food and we need it at regular intervals. What inspires me to attend toastmasters every Sunday is that toastmasters provide an excellent opportunity to develop my communication and leadership skills. Every week, I am learning something new and the curious child inside me is once again spreading its roots inside me. Nothing can be better than this.
Edited by: Varsha Pillai
N.B:This article came out in Mumbai toastmasters’ December newsletter. For those who don’t know what is Toastmasters, it is an international public speaking club. The theme for the month was ‘Inspiration’      


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Role model in the form of grandma

Visit to a waterfall

BEAUTY